Amazon.in is running an offer where you can get Omron MC-246 Rigid Tip Thermometer worth Rs.155 at just Rs.77 only. Hurry Up ! Grab this deal and avail flat Rs.78 (50%) discount.
Follow below steps to avail this offer :
- Click here to go offer page
- Add Product into Cart
- Fill your shipping Details
- Make Payment
Description Digital Thermometer
- For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement
- Calibration: Starts with the display showing “L” in Celsius or Fahrenheit on the item.
- Actual measurement, display in 0.1 degree increment
- Professional accuracy
- With Buzzer
- Water resistant
- Digital, no fear of mercury poisoning
Listen to your body. Take control of your health and live a fuller life
Omron wants everyone to live a normal, healthy and well-balanced life. The key is health management. We all need to take responsibility for our own health.
Knowledge that empowers
OMRON is renowned for designing advanced monitors for use by medical professionals in clinics and hospitals. But we believe prevention is more effective than any treatment. Information about your health shouldn’t just be available to your doctor. We want to empower people to know and understand their bodies so they can control illnesses or avoid them altogether. That’s why we offer healthcare products that enable anyone to monitor their health in their own home, so they stay healthy and stay out of hospital. When your body talks, we can help you listen.
What You Need To Know About Fevers
Fever defined and the causes:
A fever is when the body’s temperature is higher than normal due to an infection. The fever is usually caused by a virus or bacteria. It is a way in which the body fights infection. A fever is not dangerous, and does not always mean that a person has a serious illness.
The prevailing idea seems to be that high fevers cause brain damage. This is essentially untrue. The truth is that the brain is able to act like a thermostat and keep the temperature from going beyond a safe range; i.e. about 106.2 degrees. The only exceptions are devastating infections of the brain itself, as in bacterial meningitis, most of which are now prevented by immunization. Use a thermometer as a guide for temperature measurement. Usually, the infection is caused by a virus, and antibiotics do not help viral infections. If the infection is bacterial it can be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. While waiting for the medication to take effect, the temperature can be brought down by warm water baths; cold water or ice water is not recommended as they can cause the blood vessels in the skin to constrict, and decrease the body’s ability to get rid of extra heat. Also, cold or chilly water will cause a child to shiver, which will increase the body’s internal heat.
Additionally, you should do the following to provide extra comfort:
- Drink plenty of clear fluid.
- Dress as lightly as possible
- Keep the child cool.
- Never use alcohol
Additional helpful hints:
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) is gradually replacing acetaminophen(Tylenol) as the medication of choice because it lasts longer and is anti-inflammatory as well.
- Aspirin is NOT recommended for children under 18 years of age due to the risk of Reyes syndrome, a liver disorder associated with the use of aspirin and certain viral infections
- When in doubt, call your pediatrician or doctor.